Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Here Come The Yarns Starting To Go Up In The Shop This Week! And The Pugs Were No Help At All...

Dear Patient Pug and Fiber Lovers,

Well, the first 2 yarns have been soaked and dried and will be weighed and measured to go up in the shop. The third yarn I finished spinning and plying today and I will be doing one in reds tomorrow. By Sunday I plan to have 6 -8 yarns in the shop and then I will start making things like fiber based jewelry, beaded and more, and other wearable art, as well as the woven pieces. Things are moving right along now and it feels good to be back at work. In the next month the shop will really start filling up!

The first two yarns you saw in process in the last entry. Here you will see them having dried and ready to weigh and measure tomorrow...

First the first "Fairy Fleece Yarn" very sparkly, having been spun from a variety of "leftovers" from the batting process from the first 7 batts. It was so much fun to work with and turned out really pretty. I'm really happy with it and it is very sparkly but I can't get that to show up well in the pictures. But you can see the bright pretty colors and it would be great fun in a Freeform Crochet project or any kind of knitting or crochet piece...




The next yarn is the first "Pug Fun Yarn" is not plied and has so many wools, fibers, sparklies, and other materials I can hardly name them all. A very soft, beautiful, fluffy, wispy yarn and a fair amount of it. As I said it will be weighed and measure tomorrow and then I'll know exactly what I've got to put in the listing.


The final yarn you saw last time in batt form only. Here again is the batt. This will be the "Batty for Pugs Yarn," spun from a batt that I created, a beautiful silky soft yarn that you will not really be able to fully see until it is soaked and dried like the two above but I think it's fun to show the process for people who love the yarns but are not spinners. Spindle spinning is a very different process that spinning on a wheel, and one is not better than the other, I just find the old fashioned spindle spinning a very pleasurable experience, though you will soon be seeing yarns made on Big Bertha, my "Babe Electric spinner." I want to use the electric spinner so that I can spin up greater quantities of yarn for those who need more yarn than the art yarns spun on spindles will allow. So here again is the batt the last yarn was created from...


And the spun yarn...



The yarn partially plied...


The plying yarn, a wonderful, slubby yarn that you will see better when the yarn is finished and dried like the 2 at the top...

The two spindles in the plying process...




I tried to get one of the pugs to write this entry so that I could start working on the 2nd "Pug Fun Yarn" in reds. I'm very excited about that. But this being after 9:30 at night they wouldn't budge. Pugs have no work ethic. None. None at all. 

Coco, will you help me?


She wouldn't answer and what's pitiful is since Babs passed she likes to sleep in Babs' bed. They were always together and would sometimes sleep together in Coco's big bed. She wasn't quite asleep but she wouldn't budge. Sigh...

I thought that maybe Harvey would help because he's a lovie-dovie sweetie pea. No go. He wasn't budging either...


Harvey told me that he has such a hard life that he couldn't possibly be working this time of night. You can see what a hard life Harvey has above... Ahem.

I had a feeling that Sam would be a lost cause, but when you're desperate you try anything.

"Um, Sam, would you like to write this entry so I can start on the next yarn..."


Sam hid his face in the pillows. I'm not convinced that he was really asleep but he pretended he didn't hear me. Pugs are sly. Don't let the cute faces fool you. Sly, sly, sly. So here I go at almost 10:00, having written the entry with a whole huge box of various fibers beside me and I'll start spinning again. 

Pugs, whatta ya gonna do with 'em? I guess I'll keep 'em. They're good for squishing and kissing and I guess that matters most of all...

No comments:

Post a Comment